Wednesday, April 20, 2022

It is April 2022

Everything changes.  Yes, I know that isn't news.  This blog must be renamed. My career as a librarian has ended.  It is such a sad story.  I will not bore you with the details.  

This blog was established when I was a librarian and determined to bring myself into the 21st century.  I am no longer a librarian and my personal outlook has undergone a psychotic break.   

Social media has become a powerful implement accessible to any and everyone.  

The world is in chaos.  That isn't news either.  The tempo and self destructive tone of the chaos is approaching fever pitch.

Thanks to social media, the roaring rumble, interspersed with angry, terrified, anguish filled voices has the potential to overcome, seduce, destroy, influence, educate, misinform and, entertain everyone.  I have always believed that opinions are like assholes - everybody has one.  Social media allows them to dance on a world stage.   

I am still not convinced that sharing opinions in such a manner has any redeeming elements.  It does appeal to the ego, so onward humanity and I march toward . . . . No one wants to really acknowledge the fact that a future dependent on humanity is bleak.  Everyone seems to cling to the belief that life can and will get better.  

My response is to reference Kafka, Hemingway, Orwell, Steinbeck, Clancy, Patterson and the Bible.  Just a little slice of grim to share with you. 

Don't let it stop you.  It hasn't stopped billions.  Some get plowed under, but watch TV.  Check out YouTube, podcasts by the thousands and, the internet in general.  All present a clear picture no one chooses or wants to see.  

So, what should I rename my blog?  I'll get back to you after a little self reflection.

      



No comments:

Post a Comment