Monday, April 2, 2012

Beyond Method #6

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2591

This is my second time going through Beyond Two Stepping.  I got so much information that I have been able to use daily that I thought a refresher could only make me more effective as a  Librarian 2.0!

I used the information from Method 6 and WebJunction training plus YouTube, Barnes and Noble and Amazon to put together an hour long eReader Round Up class for our patrons.  We got a decent turnout for our little library.  Everyone was invited to bring their electronic device:  eReader, iPad, smart phone.  We explored the online account sites, talked about the pros and cons of each type of device and each patron gave their input on what they liked and disliked about their own personal devices.  Lots of interaction and exchange of information between the patrons.  All in all it was a blast! I uploaded the PowerPoint I used to Sliderocket.   It set up as public so feel free to check it out.

http://portal.sliderocket.com/BOTSY/eReader-Round-Up_

No comments:

Post a Comment