Monday, June 6, 2011

Method 7

Can you see the potential of this tool for use by libraries/librarians? Or do you think it is just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere?

I see the potential of this tool for use by libraries.  It's like doing a Google search without the 109,000,000 plus hits to wade through. I didn't choose to set up my own account on Delicious at this time.  There is so much to explore. 

I hate to admit this, but the prospect of becoming a 2.0 Librarian is mildly overwhelming.  So much technology out there and so many ways to use and benefit.  In the first segment of this training there was a video by Stephen Abram.  I take comfort in his proposition that I dedicate 15 minutes daily to exploring these new technological frontiers.  So I'm taking that advice to heart and plan to schedule time daily to becoming familiar with the things I'm being introduced to in this training. 

The sheer magnitude of information is enough to make social bookmarking sites a necessities.  Tags become literal life jackets keeping us afloat in the ocean of information.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to offer these tools to our patrons without scaring them to death!

Libraries have to keep up in order to survive and thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment