Friday, February 3, 2012

Beyond Method #4

I am so envious of the New Jersey Library website.  I have added to my list of bookmarks.  Our library website
http://www.kirbyvilelibrary.org has posted the Texas Workskills Development in Libraries website on our homepage.

During our Adult Basic Computer Skills class, which we offer once monthly, we make sure to lead the class to that link and explore the computer skills information.  I have also started showing our students the New Jersey Library website.  I have used their site myself to brush up on Excel skills.

We're trying to develop a computer class with more depth for our patrons.  The Microsoft MyPC Series has been a godsend.  I just have to make sure that our finished product is not a sales pitch for Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment