Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Method 10

What did you find interesting? What types of applications within libraries might work well with a wiki?

I do use Wikipedia often when quickly looking for information.  I always use discretion because the site is "anybody can edit/add" type repository of information.  It works for quick searches when a patron asks a question at the circulation desk as a starting point for other resources or for the single piece of data/trivia. 

I had never even considered editing a wiki before.  I had a blast!  Loved it!  Can't wait to return to the http://ld12thingsfavorites.pbworks.com/ Library Development 12 things wiki.  Will probably do some searching for more specific wiki sites for things in which I'm most interested (cooking). 

Within libraries this is perfect for book clubs.  We don't have a space in our library for a book club to meet.  Not to mention how to coordinate the work, school, child care etc.....   I'm going to sit down and come up with a strategy to implement a book club at our library using a wiki.  I know of enough patrons who would like to participate but the scheduling issues have always been seemingly insurmountable.  Can't Wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment